Monday, May 18, 2009

September 14, 1805

September 14, 1805

We are in bad condition, I mean pretty bad.... We have killed two of our colts and old Toby ( our guide had gotten us perfectly LOST! This is in my opinion our lowest point along this mission, this is the most haggard I have ever seen my comrade. Days passed this way, until the captains decided it would be best is we split up, one party would go ahead with our best hunters and try for some game on the other side and then bring it back to the party who would be back behind. then captain Clark said something that shook me so much I began to breath heavily and my face was burning with fear. He said that they better get the meat back to us before we didn't need it anymore, and that's when I imagined coming back to bring my comrades and my captain meat to just see their motionless bodies laying in the snow. What then?
  

No comments: