Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 29th, 1805

April 29th, 1805

We have seen the frizzly bears! It was very exciting, but scary I was walking with captain Lewis and private George Drouillard and the captains dog Seaman. We had been on a walk when Seaman started making a racket about something, we couldn't figure out what it was until we came to the nearby clearing, grizzles! Two of them! They tried to charge us but  I shot it square in the chest expecting it to fall on its face and die but it looked like it didn't even feel it. RUN! Seaman ran like I had never seen him, he ran all the way out of the clearing. I was running to when I heard Droullard yell and when I looked back I saw the bear dead in the clearing. When we examined it we concluded it did not live up to its horror stories. I hope this is as big as they
come.

.
The grizzly we saw                                            My sketch

No comments: